|• Mild Language ||• Crude Humor|
|• Mild Violence ||• Alcohol Reference|
Experience the extreme work conditions of real crab fishermen on the Bering Sea. Battle 40-foot waves, storms and ice while on the hunt for the world's deadliest catch.
Experience first hand the extreme world of Deadliest Catch, the Discovery Channel's Emmy® Award-nominated TV show that captivated over four million viewers in the U.S.
Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm lets you captain your own boat in a frenzied search for the Red Gold of the Bering Sea. Select one of five real crab boats, including the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie and Sea Star - all featured on the series, or create and customize your own boat. Recruit and lead your own crew from a roster of twenty real life crab fishermen. Selecting the wrong boat or recruiting the wrong crew member can mean the difference between landing a Bering Sea jackpot or disaster. Lead your fatigued, hungry and hardworking crew in the strategic search for King and Opilio Crab, while battling to secure your catch and livelihood before other captains and crews get to the crab first.
Download the v1.1 patch now!
The patch fixes some compatibility issues with newer graphics hardware.
- Fixed issues with the boat not being lit at night.
- Specular lighting is now properly enabled.
- Fixed flickering during screen transitions.
- Experience every aspect of crab fishing in the Bering Sea as if you were there.
- Incredibly realistic ocean behavior tests your skills to the limit. Huge swelling waves, foam and spray are all accurately simulated for the ultimate fishing experience.
- Control the Northwestern and its crew, all accurately recreated from real life blueprints and pictures.
- Learn from Sig Hansen himself how to run a successful fishing season.
- Navigate and explore almost 1 million square kilometers of terrain. The entire Alaskan coastline is meticulously reconstructed from satellite topographic data.
- Unlock exciting side missions that put you in control of a Coast Guard boat hunting down poachers or drop you on a small skiff in the middle of a raging storm.
- Challenge your friends in intense online multiplayer competitions to see who will be the season's high liner.
Whether a die-hard fan or someone who has never seen the Discovery Channel series, Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm is an immersive and challenging experience, putting you at the helm of one the world's most dangerous jobs - that of a crab boat captain in the icy Bering Sea.
"Fans of the Deadliest Catch will be thoroughly pleased. The game is very true to the show"
"the water is as near to realistic as I've seen in any game"
"Once you sit down with Deadliest Catch you'll realize just how involved the occupation of crab fishing is."
"the Deadliest Catch license has been put to good use."
"a deep simulation of the commercial crab fishing experience complete with cool minigames and support for multiplayer over Xbox Live."
"a lot of research was done on the individual boats as well as Dutch Harbor to recreate everything to a "T". They even got the official cooperation of the U.S. Coast Guard to include realistic models of the cutters that prowl those waters protecting the fisherman."